As the title says, I'm a infantry USMC vet who went through the interview and application process in late 2013 with IUEC Local 2. I received an interview score of 94.544 which ranked me in the mid 80's. This is a career that I think I would be extremely proud to hang my hat on; looking through some old threads a lot of people make it seem like there isn't a sure thing in this business, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.
I have a couple questions if you don't mind:
1) Does anyone have a general idea how many men IUEC Local 2 plans on calling in before the 2 year window is up?
2) Would trying to get my foot in a different local and then going through the interview process again in Chicago when they test again help? (At this point in my life I'm ok with re-locating)
3) Is there a way to search which Locals are accepting applications?
Thank you very much for any advice you can give me.
I'm finding that this is a really hard industry to get information about compared to some of the more traditional trades like electrician. If you wouldn't mind, I started another thread with some questions about the intake process. Would you be able to answer the ones you can?
Thanks and Good luck,
Mo
While waiting to take our test one of the union reps told us the last time they tested they took 76 people. To my understanding it's been awhile since Local 2 opened their books though, so fingers crossed.