Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
19/02/2017 2:37 pm
Hello everyone. I'm Racer and I am new to the forum. I'm scheduled to take my aptitude test next week on the 22nd for the IUEC Local 3 out of St. Louis/Evansville, IN. I was wondering if any of you have a few words of wisdom that could be tossed my way? I don't want answers to the exam or anything like that. This could/would be a life changing event for my daughter and I. So it's been making me a bit nervous sometimes when thinking about it. Any words from the wise will be greatly appreciated.
20/02/2017 3:52 am
It tests reading comprehension/logic, basic math and mechanical aptitude.
Topic starter
20/02/2017 5:43 am
Thanks ElecTech I appreciate it. I couldn't tell you how many hours I've spent looking for as much information as possible about the trade. I want to be prepared as much as I possibly can for the test. I wish I would have found this site sooner. How long have you been in the trade?
20/02/2017 10:06 am
Originally Posted By: ElecTech
It tests reading comprehension/logic, basic math and mechanical aptitude.
With the math portion, do you get scratch paper? Or is it more about quick thinking under time restrictions?
20/02/2017 1:04 pm
Not in the trade yet but waiting for a call. You should read the apprenticeship advice, Austin Texas thread. Long but useful, I've probably read it 2-3 times. Yes you will get scrap paper if I remember correctly, and you'll likely need it. Take your time for the reading part, can be tricky, but pace yourself throughout the test. Make sure you understand what you are looking at for the mechanic aptitude part. Standard test taking stuff really. The test is not hard but you can't mess around because it's timed.
Last edited by ElecTech; 02/20/17 05:04 AM.
21/02/2017 5:19 am
Have you googled "Elevator apprentice aptitude test" ??? There are websites that have practice test and explains everything you need to know to pass the test. Everyone I know that did the practice test on job test prep passed the test. If the job means so much to you prep your ass off for the test. It's a pretty easy test by the way.
Last edited by Joe45; 02/20/17 09:20 PM.
21/02/2017 12:53 pm
Page 30 of the thread I mentioned has a good recap of the test btw
21/02/2017 1:16 pm
Originally Posted By: Joe45
Have you googled "Elevator apprentice aptitude test" ??? There are websites that have practice test and explains everything you need to know to pass the test. Everyone I know that did the practice test on job test prep passed the test. If the job means so much to you prep your ass off for the test. It's a pretty easy test by the way.
Yeah I ordered that test prep pack, been going through it all month long. My test is February 27th
Originally Posted By: ElecTech
Page 30 of the thread I mentioned has a good recap of the test btw
Thanks for the info. I'll re-read that thread too
23/02/2017 12:50 pm
Originally Posted By: Racer84
Hello everyone. I'm Racer and I am new to the forum. I'm scheduled to take my aptitude test next week on the 22nd for the IUEC Local 3 out of St. Louis/Evansville, IN. I was wondering if any of you have a few words of wisdom that could be tossed my way? I don't want answers to the exam or anything like that. This could/would be a life changing event for my daughter and I. So it's been making me a bit nervous sometimes when thinking about it. Any words from the wise will be greatly appreciated.
How did it go?? tough? easy?
Topic starter
03/03/2017 2:46 pm
Sorry about the delayed update. It wasn't to bad. Reading, arithmetic and mechanical comprehension. Pretty simple and basic stuff in my opinion.
Topic starter
03/03/2017 2:58 pm
I'm not sure how many test days they had here in Evansville, but I expected the place to be packed for an opportunity like this. There ended up only being 8 or 9 of us.
Topic starter
03/03/2017 3:18 pm
I PASSED THE TEST!!! My interview won't be until the second week of April at the earliest. I'm going to be getting an email with the exact date, time and place of my interview from what I read in the email I received today.
03/03/2017 3:53 pm
Nice job! Good luck on your interview
Seattle was packed with people testing. 4 days of 3 test times with up to 50 people per time. My day/time probably only had maybe 18/50 though. Hope I passed lol
Seattle was packed with people testing. 4 days of 3 test times with up to 50 people per time. My day/time probably only had maybe 18/50 though. Hope I passed lol
Topic starter
04/03/2017 12:53 am
Thanks Dirty. Now I just have to nail the the interview when it comes around. Good luck and hope you passed it. The future is looking a little brighter!!