Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
81 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68

   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97
 
Nope man..I do know a guy personally who still goes to the meetings and knows ALL the members of the union..he said he has never seen so many cranes in Austin EVER.he said we should be getting a call soon but it depends on if they have cleared the old bench. He did say there looks to be a TON of work and he would know BC he has worked every elevator company in Austin.



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97
 
Trust me man I'm just has curious as u are..I have this website linked as a bookmark on my phone so I check it ALL the time..my fiance has gotten sick of me talking about nothing BUT elevators.she told me to be patient....easier sad than done



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97
 
U can do a google search for Austin's upcoming building projects.. They are adding at LEAST 50 new buildings just in the next year or 2 .



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
(@dripcan)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 131
 
TX get in first then get your six month in,then you can worry about school.You wont get any apprentice training until you done six month.So first year is a wash.You will get schooling but in the value of a union on why you have what your getting from the hard working old bad backs that fought for us.



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107
 
Dripcan,
I get what your saying. I am just excited about everything . This Is the first job I applied for since I got out of the coastguard and am excited about getting back to civilian life so I am probably getting too excited haha but I know I just gotta wait!



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97

   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68
 
Not yet man, the union rep said that he wouldn't be able to get the ranking and paperwork into the mail until next week. He's gonna be out of office.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68

   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top