Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
81 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
(@solution)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 86
Topic starter  
I made a promise to myself to not call more than once a month. However, since there is like 3 or 4 of us keeping up with this forum, if anyone decides to call absolutely let those of us know by making a post.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jrr1982)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 19
 
I like seeing a lot of veterans being accepted. I Was an Army Scout, and have A backround in Ironwork, I start my process in August. feeling Hopeful



   
ReplyQuote
(@solution)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 86

   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107
 
Haha solution,
I called last week on Tuesday I am afraid to call because I do not want to annoy them. But it's nice to know where you stand.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solution)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 86
Topic starter  
If no one else calls I will be calling them later on next week. I'm the same way, it's a small local so the last thing I want to do is peeve someone off before I even get called out to work.

Butcher, give em a call!



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68
 
I just got an email from my local. It said I did really well during the interview. The union rep will be out of office all this week so I'll receive my letter sometime next week. Awesome.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68

   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97
 
Haha I did a few days ago asking about how the work load was going and that's when he said they had not done a lay off in 3 years..he just asked me where I was on the list and said he can't give me a answer..he sounded a little pissed honestly so I just follow the forums now lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97
 
I believed I talked to Tim Goebler..Funny thing was he said he was a butcher before he became a elevator mechanic.He sort of laughed and said they are 100 percent different . We talked about lay offs and he said they had not had to do any lay offs in 3 years here in Austin but if I'm scared he can take my name off the hire list..he sort of laughed when he said that so I knew he was joking with me.



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107
 
That's good, I got the same feeling last time I talked to him the guy seemed a little annoyed a wanna be apprentice was calling him. Oh well since I am number 2 I will keep every one updated when I get called and what it's like.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97

   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68
 
I haven't received my ranking yet. The union rep said he would be out of the office all week so it will be next week before he can get the letter in the mail. He did say that I did very well on the interview.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top