Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nope not yet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea, the wait is the worst part. I want to start working.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What is your rank ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
was number 3 now number 2 i guess since one got hired.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Let us know when you get called txvet, you're the highest ranked of all of us so far.

Last edited by Solution; 07/18/14 06:07 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I will, I wish I found this forum before I tested and interviewed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do y'all just call the union hall to get the updated list ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well I originally saw on here that the list advanced, I then called and asked about it the guy said one person had been hired so far.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey TxVet, Congrats on your ranking. I'm also a military vet. I had my interview on Monday in Nashville TN but I'm still waiting on my results. Do you have any college or know someone in your local? I've read on different forums that the union loves veterans. I'm just trying to gauge my potential ranking on the list.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Titans, I was in the coast guard as an electricians mate, I think that helped me the most because we mainly worked on motors and controllers and I have an associates degree in general education I can't see that helping me too much. I thought my interview was okay but was happy with 3rd tho I wish I was 1st haha. Oh I knew no-one in the local.

Last edited by TxVet; 07/18/14 08:29 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's awesome. I was in the army infantry and have a degree in electrical systems. I sure hope I get a rank like you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I bet you will. I think a lot of people don't have a degree and military that apply, keep us posted. Good luck man.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You too man, thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How were you guys contacted with your results? email, phone, letter?



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I was sent a letter but I was a little Ancie so I sent an email to the recruiter working with us and he told me, it only took about a week and a half to get results by mail.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top