Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sorry for the confusion, but I'm not in Austin. I'm in Raleigh, NC.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Oops, our department hired a guy here in Austin on the same day. Good luck regardless.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think skilled butcher's experience is all you can really ask for. To give it a shot and decide if it's something you want to continue to pursue. It would suck to have to quit because of unstable work but that didn't happen here and the best decision for him was made. This trade ticks every box for me in terms of work variety, being related to things I've done in school, skill attained, pay, hours, etc. but I'll see for myself whenever I get called. Any info about the trade is useful and this was very valuable info. Thanks.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It really is a great trade, just difficult to get established if you are a helper. I was in Mods so i literally had to learn everything really quick and the owners of my company really pushed us to hurry and work which made it even more difficult to learn and then we had to do little repair and other locations around Austin WHILE we were doing mods/construction . I am always here to help new guys . I got hired on with Solution , who is an awesome dude so he can help yall .



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Fun questions, what company did you work for and was there OT?



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
my first company was thyssen , my mechanic was an adjuster so when there was a elevator that was about to be completed , yes we would get overtime... my second company was tejas, and we got some overtime but not much.



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks, I was wondering. I've been placed with Otis in mods.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Duane)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I got the call yesterday here in Houston. I start Monday morning. It's been a long time coming, about a year and a half



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Congrats. What number were you on the list?



   
ReplyQuote
(@SamyDaBul)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Got the call for Austin, gotta be there Wednesday



   
ReplyQuote
(@2Tall)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Congratulations man, wow they must be flying through people if they've called you already. I guess I'd better start keeping track for myself.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
passed the SF test! thanks for everyone who contributed to this thread helped me alot!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rob P)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Eros, you got your results today? By mail or email? Congrats!



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
thanks! i got my results by e-mail today

Last edited by Eros; 02/23/17 02:52 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Dirty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Congrats! Is it true that 70% or above is all that matters? They don't consider the score at all? (besides pass/fail)



   
ReplyQuote
Page 42 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top