Notifications
Clear all
15/01/2017 12:50 pm
Well if your timetable is anything like Solution's was, since he was 14 I think on his list, you're looking at 4-6 months before you get picked up. Granted he interviewed early in the year rather than late and construction generally picks up in the summer. I'm far enough down the list that I haven't bothered calling. Maybe once you get called I'll keep closer track. Here's hoping your call comes soon!
17/01/2017 9:39 am
Yeah I'll keep you posted. Hopefully I get the call soon. Every time my phone rings at work I hope to see (512)area code.
21/01/2017 11:56 am
Broke into the top 10.... #9
They hired 3 in December... from what I gather the pool is shallow so..
They hired 3 in December... from what I gather the pool is shallow so..
22/01/2017 7:53 am
I got the call; I start Tuesday.
22/01/2017 2:50 pm
Congrats!
24/01/2017 12:02 am
Anyone from St.Louis??? I received my ranking last month...Just wondering if the list has moved yet. I heard there was a layoff a few weeks ago. If someone could give me an update, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
24/01/2017 8:16 pm
Congratulations on getting the call!!!
I applied and got my ranking almost two years ago. The list expires on 2/1/17
And what is extremely disappointing is that if you are not called by the expiration, you have to go through the interviews again because they change some of the scoring and can't have people on the list scored differently than others. So in other words, right now I'm two numbers away from bring called. Do to be so close after two years, only to possibly get bumped back down the outer would be so disappointing.
I applied and got my ranking almost two years ago. The list expires on 2/1/17
And what is extremely disappointing is that if you are not called by the expiration, you have to go through the interviews again because they change some of the scoring and can't have people on the list scored differently than others. So in other words, right now I'm two numbers away from bring called. Do to be so close after two years, only to possibly get bumped back down the outer would be so disappointing.
25/01/2017 2:00 am
Where are you ranked? And how far down the list were you?
25/01/2017 2:52 am
Oh wow, I didn't expect the list to have moved at all yet. Well that's encouraging to hear, maybe it will be sooner rather than later.
25/01/2017 5:20 am
The list doesn't expire on that day unless a new list is made on that day as well. Has there been a new recruitment recently or one planned soon to your knowledge? They'll keep drawing from the old list until interviews for a new list are done.
25/01/2017 11:23 am
Did you start in Austin or Los Angeles
26/01/2017 12:09 am
Yes this does suck.. I was working for IUEC a couple years back and really don't agree with the way they hire at all... if you do get laid off you get put back on the list and I have seen guys on the list not move in 8 months !
I got lucky and ranked 12th in austin and got called within 2 months, i got laid off within a month... They literally called about 15 of us into the office during the month of november and laid ALL of us off .. i didn't not get hire back on till feb and they wanted me to work the DAY they called me ... luckily my job was flexible enough to allow me to go back to work but then i was the only helper for the company for 6 months and could have been laid off at any moment for any little mistake i made... yeah screw that. I am back and moving up with my old company making more money than i would have made with IUEC . It's a great job if you can find side work but if it is your only source of income and nobody to help you when you get laid off you can get royally screwed. just letting yall know.
I got lucky and ranked 12th in austin and got called within 2 months, i got laid off within a month... They literally called about 15 of us into the office during the month of november and laid ALL of us off .. i didn't not get hire back on till feb and they wanted me to work the DAY they called me ... luckily my job was flexible enough to allow me to go back to work but then i was the only helper for the company for 6 months and could have been laid off at any moment for any little mistake i made... yeah screw that. I am back and moving up with my old company making more money than i would have made with IUEC . It's a great job if you can find side work but if it is your only source of income and nobody to help you when you get laid off you can get royally screwed. just letting yall know.
26/01/2017 8:13 am
Did you quit or get laid off?
Topic starter
27/01/2017 5:43 am
Hey Hog congrats! I think you have been assigned to my job, and will be working with my mechanic of the past year or so. I'll see you tomorrow at the shop or Monday, but you could not have landed in a better spot.
27/01/2017 7:19 am
the first time i got laid off... the second time i was ready to get sworn in and had 2 mechanics sign off on me but i ended up quitting to go back to my old job as they still had a full time spot open . It was the best decision for me at the time and i was the only helper for the company at the time .