Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
81 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68

   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97

   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97

   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68

   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68
 
Elevator Mechanic (< 5 yrs experience) $ 23.535 38.22 $ 61.76 $
Elevator Mechanic
(> 5 years experience) $ 23.535 38.94 $ 62.48



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68

   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68

   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97

   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97

   
ReplyQuote
(@dripcan)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 131

   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97
 
Its not. I Just needed a idea,I just needed to know if I would have to try and fit in a few hours at my current job until I completely stop working there.Its a big move to leave a company a go to another one and be on probation.

Last edited by skilledbutcher73; 07/11/14 01:14 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@solution)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 86
Topic starter  
WOW. I was not expected 17 new replies to this thread when I pulled up the forum this morning.

Ok let me provide a bit more information for those who are in my hiring group.

First of all, I sent out a few emails, and finally got a response from Curtis who is one of the Area Reps. Below is his reply to my email asking for information

"Hello Sam,
If you are in the top 15 you will probably get called off this list. When is a different story. That all depends on the work load of the Local and how many refuse a job offer. Could be two weeks or 10 months. Be patient.
Good luck,
Curt"

Butcher and Johny, the three of us will likely get a call at some point. It's obviously not guaranteed though.

The reason I went from 10 to 9 is because I called the local at 5124789950 and asked about the new hire list. The number one person got called earlier this week so the list is moving.

The probationary pay for local 133 I want to say is just under 19 dollars (multiply this by 2 and you pretty much have the Mechanics rate). No it is not about the money, but when the IBEW started me at 13 dollars with a fraction of the benefits of the IUEC, it is certainly something we are all considering. All other questions pertaining to benefits/ect can be found here - http://www.dol.gov/olms/regs/compliance/cba/private/9064_7-8-17.pdf

I do not know how much each region can differentiate themselves from the overall national agreement, so it's possible local 133 is different in ways that I don't think I have any way of finding out right now.

For interview attire, I wore nice pants (they were not slacks) and a nice long sleeve button up without a tie. So there is some leeway with how you dress Titans, just be yourself and show confidence.

JohnnyTX can you PM if you read this please.
Edit: Also, did you either of you happen to find out how many people interviewed, or are on the total list?

Last edited by Solution; 07/12/14 03:16 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97
 
Ah I did not wear slacks either..I wore REALLY nice black dress pants.thank u for the info solution. Like I said before guys that are new to union jobs some of this info is difficult to find.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68
 
I going to interview in nice khakis, button up shirt, and a tie. I don't wanna look to formal and at the same time, not too casual either. Thanks guys.



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top