Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nashville is booming right now. Check out all the cranes downtown. They have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year apps probated which means we don't have enough journeymen mechanics for all the jobs, so all the probated guys are getting mechanic pay and running jobs. Just call Tim at the hall and he can keep your updated, he's a stand-up guy. I work at Nashville Machine Elevator by the way. Good luck



   
ReplyQuote
(@cityboy_5454)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Appreciate the info I passed my eiat back in July for atlantas but am thinking about heading up to Nashville. Just waiting on an interview time. Titan I sent you a message have a couple questions when ever you get the time



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dxxx_93)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How many would you think are on the Norfolk 52 list overall? I was ranked number 5 as of two weeks ago. Hoping I get my call soon. Seem likely to hire 5 people within the next year and a half??



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
where do you get the number to call the local?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Joe45)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
https://www.neiep.org/About/bst-Location.aspx

Follow the link and it will provide you with the number to call for your local of interest.

Last edited by Joe45; 10/14/16 11:43 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@chuggins25)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Updating: I have been working in Charlotte since July now and we are stacked with work! I am with Otis and love doing what I am doing! Hope you guys have success and good luck!



   
ReplyQuote
(@GMC94)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just wanted to give an update to anybody on the Chicago list. A mechanic at local 2 told me they have taken 12 off the list so far, and that they most likely won't be taking on large chunks of apprentices until spring. I don't know what the current outlook is as far as construction and new jobs but everyone's saying Chicago is pretty busy so hope it stays that way! good luck everyone.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dxxx_93)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just got my phone call today to start next week with thyssenkrupp, cant wait to start this journey and being this rewarding career!



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Congrats!



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnionSprky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Finished my oral interview, i felt I did good but we'll see. Can't wait for the results. Good luck everyone!



   
ReplyQuote
(@getitdone77)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Has anyone off the Vegas List been hired yet? I ranked number 3, but I haven't heard anything yet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Pinche)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Heard that same thing chuggin, I'm #160 now



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lord morey)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just finished my interview in Phoenix, I was told that the probationary period has been changed from 6 months to a full year. Anybody else heard this and know why it has been changed?



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

Last edited by hog451; 10/28/16 12:32 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
Page 38 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top