I am local 19, if I travel to the center of our primary, it takes me just over an hour. To hit the northern reach of our primary is an 1:20-1:30 and coming home from that ungodly area would be a 2 hour drive easy. Don't even get me started on if it's a Friday or holiday, or if we started later, say working 8-4:30. I have pulled over and rented motel rooms for 3 hours, solo unfortunately, I have had dinner at strange hours just to let traffic clear, I once went in and watched a movie to let the worst of it pass.
Point is, it's not a job, it's a career, it's a trade. It will take care of you and your family financially all on its own. Imagine not requiring your spouse to work, and still being able to afford a nice home, two cars, vacations... THATS what this career can afford you. What sort of sacrifices are you willing to make? A bit of a commute? Being yelled at when you screw up? Being yelled at when you just look goofy? Buck up, check your feelings at the door.