Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@HeardThatInd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I was thinking about calling next week if I hear anything I will post it



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnionSprky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sorry guys, no luck today. Through the LA apprenticeship office I was given a number to a coordinator in Las Vegas. I wasn't able to get a hold of anyone today. I'll give it a shot again next week or if anyone has any other place we could contact I'll be happy to try



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hoggy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey Dan, I placed in Vegas as well. I got #113 and they told me I was in the top 45% so approx 225-230 made the list, give or take a few. I'm interviewing in L.A. pretty soon as well as Phoenix and
I know I could've done a lot better on the tool assessment portion. Does anyone have a list of the tools on the test ?
Thanks fellas and best of luck to all of you!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Brant)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Today I started a new career with IUEC Local 3!! I am working for Schindler out of St Louis, Mo. I left my career of 18 years with IBEW Local One electricians to start this new adventure. I'm excited and nervous. Any other advice I need other than be on time, listen, work safely and work hard? Lol.



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnionSprky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Brant, congratulations on getting out there! 18 years of experience being a member of the IBEW, I'm sure you'll do just fine in the field. Can't wait to make it out myself



   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Congrats, 18 years in the IBEW is going to put you ahead of virtually every apprentice. So at this point your attitude will be the main difference.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Precise)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Always good to come back and see the great feedback with everyone and their apprenticeships, congrats on to those that are still sticking it out and those starting their careers. The next step for me is the interview for Local 3 in NYC, it seems the is the "it" factor that helps you with a ranking to is military and trade experience.

I don't have any trade or Military experience, so I am working with what I got; 10 hour osha, 2 year degree in Fine Arts, and past experience as a maintenance worker for art school working with a number of tools. Still excited/nervous just like many of you that were in my position, any advice for me with no trade/military experience?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Joe45)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Spoke with Larry today from local 18. He advised me they have not hired anyone from the vegas list yet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@getitdone77)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thank you for checking @Joe45.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Joe45)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does anyone know when the last local 8 San Francisco recruitment was?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
January 2015



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lord morey)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've noticed that Tampa, Austin, and I think Memphis are having another round of recruiting this year. Any ideas why? Have they gone through their list already and need to add more to it? Is there that much work, or are the apprentices dropping out.
I was just notified of my spot on the Denver list. Has anybody heard how many were interviewed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bl3ss3d)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know Orlando has a lot of work. I have friends that work out of that local. As far as Tampa goes, I can only assume they're getting ready to crank up. Considering Tampa isn't too far from Orlando. I work out of Local 71, here in Miami and we're very busy. Austin, I heard has work, as to how much/long, I don't know.

Here in Miami, they're going through the list pretty fast. I don't know how many people are on the list, but every time I go to the shop, I see new individuals doing the safety training.

Hope this helps, Good luck, and be safe.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dan75)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just wanted to let you guys know I made the top of the list in Salt Lake, I went to work on the 20th. This weekend has been my first day off.
Give you guys a heads up if you really want in be willing to head out of town, be ready to go to head to work in 72hours. Answer there questions the best you can and be ready ask them questions and the end of your interview.
Dan



   
ReplyQuote
(@ss2112)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I recently passed the test but then got an email saying I failed the interview. I was totally shocked because I answered every question very professionally. The 2 guys were even kinda joking throughout the interview. I even asked a lot of questions at the end. Does anyone have any advice on what went wrong??? I guess I'll try interviewing in other states.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 36 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top