Notifications
Clear all
06/08/2016 6:46 am
congrats man im down at robins afb with about 3 months left on my contract and just ranked at the local. Kone guy had his son taking the EIAT and said that their will be some big contracts coming up in the next couple months.
06/08/2016 7:05 am
Hell yeah. That's good news. I can't wait to start. I'm out Camp Lejeune, NC. I had a Marine reservist friend that did his monthly drill down there in Warner Robins.
09/08/2016 3:36 am
Auto correct got me. Local 32 not Local 24.
10/08/2016 3:47 am
For those of you working in locals that cover multiple major cities like local 8 for example which covers Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Frenso and Reno; are you assigned a city to work out of, do you get to pick based on availability or do you change frequently?
10/08/2016 8:59 am
It all depends on what company and what department you work in. Some companies might have more than one office within a local. Also if you work in the construction or mod department you may move around all over the local depending on where the work is. In the service department you are more likely to stay within a certain area but in repair you also may travel quite a bit.
In most cases the new apprentices start in construction, mod or repair. If you want to succeed just smile and go where your told.
13/08/2016 1:36 am
I was told durning my interview for local 18 Vegas they only hired 8 people from their last list.
18/08/2016 3:12 am
How long does in normally take to hear back on your position after you interview?
18/08/2016 3:57 am
I found out in about two weeks.
23/08/2016 1:31 am
4mersparky209, Be seeing you out there. I start Monday, be working Salesforce tower.
ElecTech, From my experience you have no say. Most the work is in the bay area so odds are that is where you'll get pulled. I live in Sacramento and I'll be commuting.
24/08/2016 4:41 am
Just discovered this forum in the last week or so. Lots of good info, kind of wish I'd found this before. I recently interviewed in Vegas. I was ranked in the low 60's. I really thought I did good in the interview and I'm usually pretty good about feeling out how it went but this one I guess threw me off. If Joe45 was given accurate information at his interview, I better keep applying in other locals.
25/08/2016 1:50 pm
Discovered this forum and has helped me a great deal as well. Recently took my test early August, now awaiting results. Any idea how long results take to come back?
Last edited by Precise; 08/25/16 06:06 AM.
25/08/2016 3:49 pm
I got my results about 2 to 3 weeks later and interviewed about 5 weeks after my assessment test.
25/08/2016 3:55 pm
I heard there was about 400 interviews in Las Vegas, and as I mentioned in my first post I'm in the low 60's. Truth be told I was disappointed by the interview results but that's just how it goes sometime. Does anyone have any info on the outlook in Las Vegas, or if my ranking puts me out of the running for the next two years? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
26/08/2016 7:59 am
They said there are a couple major projects that will require a lot of ppl from the list and it keeps getting postponed. So I guess that worked in our favor because now we are on the list. I've talked to a couple ppl that works in vegas and they are saying the last couple of years were pretty slow and there is a lot of projects coming up that most likely will take the whole list before two years. Hopefully that is true. UnionSprky did you apply for the LA list???
26/08/2016 8:25 am
Joe45 that's very encouraging at least. Hoping those large projects start sooner than later. And yes I did apply in Los Angeles. But in all honestly I'd prefer the move to Vegas. Did you also get in on the LA recruitment?
Last edited by UnionSprky; 08/26/16 12:29 AM.