Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
81 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@crowtrobot)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 16
 
If anyone from the Local 21 recruitment is here, I called today and they have called 10 people in the 2 weeks since they sent out the numbers. She did not seem happy with my call lol.

Last edited by CrowTRobot; 06/13/16 07:12 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@kyle2822)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 5
 
I'm at local 21 they told me they moved down 12 last Thursday I talk to Chris



   
ReplyQuote
(@kyle2822)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 5
 
And does anyone know what the pay rates are at local 21



   
ReplyQuote
(@pinche)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 6
 
I'm 175 on the local 2 list, def was hoping for a little higher but I'm on the list at least. Lmk if you hear anything about how fast the list is moving! I'll do the same. Have you called to find out what number they are on yet? I know it's only been like 2 weeks so I doubt they are very far at all. I read that the last hiring session local 2 got to number 17x ish over the two year window, so I'm on the bubble just playing the waiting game now. Hopefully work stays strong one of the BAs said work is extremely busy for Chicago! Good luck all



   
ReplyQuote
(@crowtrobot)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 16
 
Originally Posted By: Kyle2822
I'm at local 21 they told me they moved down 12 last Thursday I talk to Chris

I wonder why I was told differently? I prefer what they told you though.

Last edited by CrowTRobot; 06/15/16 01:11 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@kyle2822)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 5
 
Idk I just hope I'm pick by next week I was number 5 last week. I heard a lot of people can't handle the work and they are quiting



   
ReplyQuote
(@crowtrobot)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 16
 
Originally Posted By: Kyle2822
Idk I just hope I'm pick by next week I was number 5 last week. I heard a lot of people can't handle the work and they are quiting

Congrats on getting such a low number! Keep us updated when they call you.

Have you heard any specifics as to why people are quitting so fast? I know it's a hard job, but it seems crazy to me that people would quit that fast.



   
ReplyQuote
(@joe45)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 58
 
Take my test June 29th for local 18 Vegas. Hope all goes good!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@heardthatind)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 8
 
Taking my test June 27th for local 18 in Vegas I'm super excited!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@crowtrobot)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 16
 
Good luck you two!



   
ReplyQuote
(@pinche)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 6
 
Study up on your basic math!



   
ReplyQuote
(@heardthatind)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 8
 
Thanks for the advice! I'm super excited for this opportunity and gonna start studying tonight



   
ReplyQuote
(@joe45)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 58
 
Thank you, all of your post been really helpful. I wonder how many ppl applied to Vegas. The enrollment was only open for like 9 days.



   
ReplyQuote
(@pinche)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 6
 
The enrollment was only open for a couple hours and they got a 1000 for Chicago!



   
ReplyQuote
(@nick9437)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 9
 
It was more like 22xish. It'll be right around the two-year mark if you get called. Get a welding cert, and do what you can to improve your resume if you really want in.

Don't call in, you'll be an ass if you do. I would imagine with the work coming up -sears mod, 90 story on river, and countless others, that you'll get in. Just a waiting game now.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 30 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top