Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
81 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68

   
ReplyQuote
(@solution)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 86

   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
(@solution)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 86
Topic starter  
Well at that rate I better not hold my breath. I'm sort of hoping a couple jobs start and they have to grab a group of guys.

TxVet, if you are lucky you will squeeze in just in time to start school this year. They probably start sometime late this month or very early in october if I had to guess. That would put you a year ahead of the rest of us who will have to wait until this time next year to start the apprenticeship.

Like has been mentioned before though, the most important part is making it through the probationary 6 month period without getting run off.



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107
 
That's true, if I was lucky enough to make it to school this year that would be so awesome, I would be super excited for one tho learn and second because I am able to collect GI BILL. Benefits, those first 6 months I am going to be super careful, we all know how great this opportunity is, it would suck to blow it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solution)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 86
Topic starter  
Just be on time. I'm sure the main reason dudes get let go is being late repeatedly. Other then that don't break safety rules and you should be fine.

Don't tell me how much the GI Bill is going to give you either, I'm broke and I would just be jealous. Thanks for your service, btw.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97

   
ReplyQuote
(@solution)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 86
Topic starter  
Yeah I'm full time, and doing side work on the side so I'm trying to stay busy and not think about it either butcher. Actually had a 14 hour day, so I'm going to bed. I'll catch up with ya'll soon.

If vet makes it into the school this year, at least we'll have homework answers.



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107
 
Thanks solution, but I was cost guard. Technically it was military but I was stationed at south padre island, so it was not like the real military at all. I have friends that went marine and army whowebby to Iraq I just say damn because my job was just fun lol.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97
 
Haha hey txvet.. I found a MMA forum that a guy name random hero started.. He is the one that got a call recently I'm pretty sure..I sent him a message but he hasn't sent anything back.. Just google mma elevator union and u should find the forum he started.



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107
 
Butcher I think you're right. That's so randomthat you found that, I should of gotten my j mans electrical license, I could of in the guard but just didn't, Oh well.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97
 
Man it seems the only way u can find info about the trade is from forums, I think that's how I found the mma forum.haha man u show read some of the other ground forums some of them are hilarious.



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107

   
ReplyQuote
(@solution)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 86

   
ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top