Elevator Forum

211 duplex to simpl...
 
Notifications
Clear all

211 duplex to simplex conversion

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
18.7 K Views
(@Vatorman15)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2047]
I have a 8 year old 211 mod which is currently a duplex that the customer wants put back as a simplex (large car, small car)in a hospital. I was wondering if anyone out there has done this before? I need to know a contact name or number for a Otis software Engineer and run this by him to get a idea of a price for their end of it.



   
Quote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
are there two risers? was it two groups before? if you have two risers you can easily switch it to SRO (separate riser operation). that way you won't have to mess with fire service. if they are spending money they should add hall call card readers to prevent the double calls and use EHS (emerg. hospital service) to the big car for patient transport. the good thing about otis equip is everything is in the existing software you just need to know how to turn it on. find out the exact intent of the change and i can make a few suggestions that you should bring up to the local office.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
GreenPants,
Not on this subject, but sorta. I have a customer who would like to have installed momentary keyswitches in the place of the terminal hall buttons. The equipment is Otis 211, 2 stop, vintage year 2000, using the RSA (I think) boards in the hall stations. Serial link for sure, but can it be done? A few suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ho hum. didn't think this question would stall for this long. can ANYONE offer a suggestion here?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorman15)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Green Pants, Only 1 riser. It was a simplex before the mod.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
yaaaawwwn...the window of opportunity has since passed. so it is in the elevator world. things will continue as they were for a period of time, and just when you think all is well, yep...some low-baller has just stolen your most favorable account. but I've had such a good working relationship with them I thought, I even gave away buttons that were vandalized because we got along so well. so your breaking up with me? is that what your saying? "sorry friend, it's not you...it's about the money. no matter what you've done for us in the past, we gotta think about, well, the future. trouble is ya see...you were the more loyal to us than we are to you. oh...thanks for the free buttons, they look great." and so it is in the elevator world.



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
are you actually being serious...come on if you lost a job just because you couldnt work out a VERY simple circuit...ie a button is an on-off switch and so is a key switch....so no address changes, no board changes and dont even need to change the wiring from the RS board to the switch/button....



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Kiwi,
Nah...didn't loose the job, but just lamenting the fact that not only am I unqualified to break this card open to re-wire the contact portion when I'm not sure how, but no one chimed in to assist. Maybe you could give me line by line instructions on just how to do this conversion seein how it's so simple. There are a number of things I don't know, and dabbling with serial link is one of them, and if I'm not sure (that was the reason for my post in the first place), then I'm not gonna try to figure it out at the expense of the co., my job, or the customer. But, the tongue in cheek was how easy it is for customers to become annoyed with delays in the delivery of any proposal and turn on the company because of frustrations beyond the servicemans control and threaten to find someone who can do the job.

Last edited by elmcannic; 12/11/11 06:00 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
you can order a 7069 type switch but you have to understand how otis serial logic works to wire it up to the remote station boards and program it for proper operation. being in cali your gonna run into a ADA problem also.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I appreciate your response GreenPants. Fortunately, this request has fallen by the wayside due to financial difficulties at the property.
You all have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Randall)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
AMEN



   
ReplyQuote
(@vince90605)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
theres no such thing as customer loyalty anymore it's all about the bottom line..



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We all feel your pain. A bulb goes out the day after you service, and they say he was just here yesterday, he's not doing his job! Just smile.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top