Elevator Forum

Group II Fire Servi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Group II Fire Service Requirements

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,798 Views
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8611]
I'm looking for the maximum rise in which Fire Service was not required for Group II elevators. For some reason I'm thinking it is 25 Feet. Anybody know the ASME A17.1 Rule on this requirement.



   
Quote
(@Robert Krieger)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did I mention I teach the California Mechanic Continuing education class and am available to do so for a flat fee at your companies location?

�3041. Emergency and Signal Devices.
(c) Operation of Elevators Under Fire or Other Emergency Conditions.

(1) Elevators with automatic operation and automatic power operated hoistway doors shall conform to the following:

Exception: New elevators having a travel of not more than 25 ft. (7.62m) and elevators existing at the time of adoption of this order with a travel of not more than 50 ft. (15.24m).

That being Said, if you have a group 2 elevator that you are making any sort of alteration to, you are directed to the following section.

�3000. Application.
(h) Alterations, Repairs, Replacements, and Maintenance of Devices.
(2) Alterations made after May 1, 2008 on Group II and Group III devices listed in section 3000(c) shall comply with the applicable provisions of section 3141.2 in Group IV.

So, despite the "Myths" about controller replacement, they are "Alterations" Check with the Code information desk at the City of Los Angeles to see if they would require a permit.

Respectfully,

Robert L Krieger Jr.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Robert Krieger)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
P.S. Group 2 Elevators are not under A17.1, but refer to adopt A17.1 for specific sections.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
just a shout out to Mr. Krieger. I attended one of his above mentioned classes recently, I thoroughly enjoyed it. usually you find yourself falling asleep within the first couple of hours of these classes, but this was not the case at this class. great job. I actually learned a few things this go round. and the pizza was not to shabby either.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top