I've been trying to get clarification from inspectors on this but it seems each inspector tests it differently. The main point for this post is I'm wondering if anyone has an experience with this for certain control manufacturers? I've heard MCE is working on it but may require circuitry changes in their controllers, same for VC. Not sure about Elevator controls or any the manufacturers. We are on 2013 code which speaking to our code coordinator said this really isn't in the code however the state is trying to be proactive. This is starting to pose an issue as it seems we are having customers getting hit with this during tests almost weekly, so I'm trying to get ahead of it and see if anyone is familiar with this yet? Wondering if what i'm hearing is accurate regarding certain Mfgs needing additional circuitry or if there is something I can change in programming, etc? It almost seems like they just want the keyed stop switch completely bypassed on fire service although like I said, i'm having trouble getting clarification if that will be acceptable. (thinking if this is the case I may be able to add a relay to the keyed switch circuitry that activates when the phase 2 switch is turned on for certain systems at least)
most of our stuff on account is non-proprietary so any help on those systems (MCE, VC, EC, etc) would be a huge help.... we do have some proprietary equipment however so info on those controllers is welcome as well.
Thanks for any help
I unfortunately do not have the 2013 code. 2010 says it must be inoperative and in 2016 it must NOT be rendered inoperative
In 2010 code, it is said A moving
car shall have the in-car stop switch and the emergency
stop switch in the car when provided, rendered inoperative
without delay.
In 2016,(c) When provided, the in-car stop switch (see
2.26.2.21) or the emergency stop switch in the car (see
2.26.2.5) shall not be made ineffective