I am a maintenance director at a building. About 4 years ago I had to install an exhaust fan in the elevator room. The tec told me that he had to be there wile I put it in.
The fan no longer works. Is there a code that says that the elev tec needs to be on site? I live in MA I know every state is diffrent. Just trying to find out if I can go in there and fix it. Thanks for your help guys!
this is something that mechanics and lift companies must remember particularly majors. All we are, are contractors and we don't own the building. However building owners and managers also must understand that while they are 'authorised persons' that does not mean competant either. These managers can enter the motor room but they also dont understand the dangers that are apparent and this is why caution should be used. The co operation between mechanics and building managers alike should be able to get any works done easily and the lift companies should do all of this without trying to gouge any money from them. think of it as a PR exercise in maintaining good relations with your clients.