Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

ASME A17.1 - 2019

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,215 Views
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#33300]
The State of Montana has now jumped from the 2004 addenda 2005 code to the 2019 code as of June 10, 2022. Looking for some info on the major changes to be aware of. Hopefully I can get my hands on a copy of the 2019 code book to study up on it. Thank you



   
Quote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The main difference is that all belted MRLS (Schindler 3300, TK Evolution) are now directly supported in the code. 2004 only supported conventional wire rope.

MRL controllers now directly permitted to be installed in door jamb.

Also a TDD telephone must be installed for the deaf. See example: https://us.schindler.com/content/da... mergency-comm-visual-device-brochure.pdf

Cabbin door interlocks are now required for most completely new applications.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you JJR



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thats a huge jump in code years, I guess they just wanted to rip the bandaid off and get it over with. Pennsylvania is still on the 2002 addendum to the 2000 code.

I hadn't heard of interlocks on car doors yet. I know the two big ones are special 3d light curtain will be mandatory and the video/text/phone system. But your also getting all the stuff that changed in the 10,13, and 16 codes. Phone line monitoring also. If yall install residential elevators the hoistway doors will have to essentially be flush and requires new car gates with special hard hinges. Your fire service phase two switch and buttons have to be behind a panel now. Lots of changes over the years. 10 foot candles of light anywhere on cartop. I'm forgetting a ton right now.

Pm me, I'll email you that book in a pdf..



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you EElevator.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So I had to look at the 2019 codebook.. 2.14.4.2.2 requires car door interlocks only if the clearances in 2.5.1.5 aint met or the car is in an uneclosed hoistway. 2.5.1.5 says if the car sill to fascia panel is 5" or less your good. It sounds like nothings changed there. Most installs have fascia. Or some OEMs are intentionally using car door interlocks (KONE with AMD operators) to save money not putting fascia up. I'm very thankful, that would've been a pain in the rear with GAL operators



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you buddy.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top