We purchased our home in 2002 and installed a 4 stop Hydraulic Destiny Elevator. In August 2014 it stopped working. Service technician came out and diagnosed it as a control board issue.
From what I have been told since the company is out of business and the part is no longer manufactured that I really don't have realistic options for repair.
I can't believe that we are the first people in the history of time to experience this issue with this elevator and that the only options include a total replacement elevator or purchasing control boards at 5-6K per pop designed for other elevators in hopes that it can be programmed to work with our elevator (No guarantees) regardless of financial output.
Does anyone have experience with this or alternative advice?
Thanks so much for your time.
I would try another elevator company. The whole elevator does not have to be replaced and a controller can be retrofitted by numerous suppliers. Virginia controls and smartrise are a couple of ones we have used in the past when the old controller has gone out to pasture. There would be no reason for it not to work.