Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis Service Tool

19 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
57.4 K Views
 Ted
(@Ted)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#1385]
Where can I find or download a manual for an OTIS service tool model GBA 21750 S2?



   
Quote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
not sure of the part number. are you talking about the escalator round plug Diag. Tool?



   
ReplyQuote
 Ted
(@Ted)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No, I'm talking about an OTIS elevator service tool.
See a picture on this URL:



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey Ted, that tool will access a variety of Otis equipment, although most of the operations are similar, there are still subtle differences. I'm not sure anyone on this site will say "outloud", here is the manual, enjoy. If you are an elevator man, you must have some friends who could supply that info nonchalantly, you can never tell who is reading these posts, and what there true intentions are. That is proprietary info your asking for, the transfer of that info needs to be done discreetly. I'm sure all the companies know there info is being shared by our union brothers, it is better to not advertise such transfers .



   
ReplyQuote
(@J Sand)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
As a previous manager/adjuster for the "pickle people" we were "encouraged" to find improprieties (service tools, manuals etc). They ACTIVELY search ebay and the likes for service tools. Be careful.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey Jerry, it looks like that tool was advertised for sale on diytrade.com, there are quite a few elevator goodies on that site. Have you ever heard of anyone being prosecuted for sharing proprietary info. Any one in our local?



   
ReplyQuote
(@J Sand)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know of two people when I was in the office that Otis was going after. I think the mid-west and 1 back east. They REALLY hated the Amtech purchase because they lost there grip on things. Use to be only select TS/Adj had service tools, but Amtech just started handing them and the info out because Otis wouldnt help. They figured they paid guys to install, not TS/ADJ.



   
ReplyQuote
 Ted
(@Ted)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks Jerry and Scott for your replies, I have some friends out of my country in the elevator business. I will ask them like you suggested..Have a good one.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Otis sued a guy in Los Angeles over an OMT. Judgement was in the millions.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Matthew)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
peanuts....lol.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
thats alot of peanuts, i guess the guy in L.A. is now living on peanuts. LOL.



   
ReplyQuote
(@J Sand)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Or at least sweeping them up!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Qasmi)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi..Every One,
I am Qasmi and I have a problem of Otis Call prints RS 03 9693 c2 continuously on (Illuminating permanently)And lift is not working in normal operation and on LCB print the LED is not blinking can any body guide me ????? Thanks in advance. Controller is Otis MCS 310 Drive is Gama L



   
ReplyQuote
(@thyssenmcp7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
tenho em portugu�s ..serve ???



   
ReplyQuote
(@partspec)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does the tool work? i have these tools and some basic info on its use.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top