Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

ESCO Prints

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
15.5 K Views
(@Mike Morford)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#7683]
I am the owner of a building in Wichita Falls, TX that has a ESCO elevator. The prints were in the control cabinet but it was rained on for many years and thus I only have scraps left. The date is 3-12-1963 and the number is C-3191. The part I can read says " 2 floor automatic push button....,door open bell, esco bpul..., valves, phase failure relay." Is there any place to get prints for this. I repaired crypto gear in the army and can probably fix it if I can find prints. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ESCO was from Fort Lee. I'm not sure if the were purchased or just closed their door.

I do have prints for a unit of that vintage. But, I'm sure you are probably capable of getting your elevator running. What I'm not sure of is you being able to recognize any potential hazards that may exist with you 20 year old elevator. If I were to give or sell you any information and someone was hurt a lawyer would have a field day...

This is not meant to insult you!

I can drive a pickup truck and I have never had any training driving a tractor-trailer. I hope you can see the potential hazards if were to try and drive one. And more importantly, would you want me on the same road as your loved ones!

It is my advice that you protect your investment and call a licensed and insured elevator repair company.



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ummm I think you got your maths wrong jkh...he said 1963 which in my alcohol addled mind says that it 50 years old...not 20 or did you miss type...LOL
Oh and he says has been "rained on"....you gotta be kidding the ONLY thing this Lift needs is to be ripped out and replaced...cant believe there are so many tight arsed owners in the world today...and I don't care about the language people HAVE to realise that like cars lifts DON'T last forever...how many 50 (or even 10) year old taxis do you see????

Last edited by kiwinightstalker; 07/17/13 12:26 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@billvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
might i add one more reason to get rid of this thing before someone gets hurt....single bottom jack!!!



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Be careful with the early Esco's. The pressure relief is known to stick causing major problems. The Inspection relay is not wired for a fail safe operation. You may want to give my buddy at Otis in the "Falls" a call-he's a great guy. Esco was a great company-I loved going to the factory-they had some great talent. Has this elevator been State tested?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top