Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

1220 / 1230 smoke latch boards

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,753 Views
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#11828]
I am running out of places to check to buy this board....Anyone????



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Here are three suggestions

ECI
World Electronics
Source components

Where have you tried?



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes those and a few others. So far no one has them. May have to build it myself with latch relays but would rather not reinvent the wheel.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am not aware of a place that you can get new ones. I am surprised that world will not repair your old boards? They have always performed it for us.

The other place I have had very good service with is Access Electronics. They are in MD.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes, We use access too with great success. I need to add the latch board to a building that is just now installing full life safety smokes and heats. So I need another board not just a repair. We are modding 2 1230s now but the same was true their no smokes so no latch boards.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You gave me a very good idea a few years back. Electrodyn for old prints.

We had an old otis elevator with swing doors that did not have the door lock circuit in it. Jim did a mod print and board for us, that met the state requirements. Of course it worked great.

I do not know if they can do it. I am sure it would be worth a call or email.

Good luck.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I made that call too. They make an overlay to bring these cars up to current code that includes latching. But this is a bigger project than the owner needs to pass a failure on his next inspection. I got my hands on the electrical drawings for the board and may have to bread board one if no one has a spare or parts from a tear out.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top