We stay in the same place each time. They have seven elevators servicing 20+ floors. They recently completed modernizing one of their units. I don't know the model but it is a Otis.
This morning I was riding the elevator down to the first floor. There were 4 adults and two children on the car with me. A gentleman and I were thelastto exit. As he was exiting the center parting doors started to shut, the elevator moved up (6-8")! I then heard the light curtain alarm and the doors re-opened, the car re-leveled and the gentleman turned toward me in shock.
I went straight to the front desk and asked the manager to place the elevator "out of service".
They informed me that Otis the and they are working on it! I can only hope someone there recognizes how dangerous this is...
And I'm not making light of the safety concerns...just wanted to poke at you!
I'll gladly take the abuse. We made it home safe & tan.
I'll say it was tough stepping off the plane to single diget tempatures! A harsh reality to face after being in the sun.
Thanks for the light hearted conversation. Any attention to safety (serious or light) still sends the message out!
Thanks for posting...