Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
16/01/2015 8:07 am
Apparently here in Massachusetts you have to be a certified elevator mechanic to install any kind of dumbwaiter. And I mean any I want to install a hand powered unit but since the board says that falls under there jurisdiction I can't. Does the board ever hold public meetings where grievances can be heard?
18/01/2015 9:03 am
RCD,
You posted the article about the women who was killed from DIY home elevator. I am having trouble understanding you concern? Is it your opinion that anyone should be allowed to install dumb waitors in there own home or business? What would happen if you built and installed your own then sold your property to someone else? Are you personally liable if someone gets hurt?
You posted the article about the women who was killed from DIY home elevator. I am having trouble understanding you concern? Is it your opinion that anyone should be allowed to install dumb waitors in there own home or business? What would happen if you built and installed your own then sold your property to someone else? Are you personally liable if someone gets hurt?
To me I t's simple I can read all the medical journals there are. I could even complete medical school. I have no doubt you wouldn't want me operating without a license or insurance on a loved one such as your mother!
Last edited by jkh; 01/18/15 01:04 AM.
Topic starter
27/01/2015 12:12 am
Yes I think you shoulden't need a lincess to install a HAND POWERED dumbwaiter. The incidents that have killed or mamed people involve power dumbwaiters. It is like compaireing a motorcycle to a bicyle.
27/01/2015 5:16 am
Well RCD,
I wish you luck with what ever you decide.
I wish you luck with what ever you decide.