Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Westinghouse

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,801 Views
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8908]
Westinghouse

This gem isn't in service anymore but I find this stuff amazing. Troubleshooting this stuff is gonna be a lost art. People rely on computers and faults too much these days


   
Quote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have 6 REL's on my route with those same SN selectors.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That's awesome, ive only had ERL and DMR on my routes. The DMR was high rise gearless, the ERL low rise geared cars. I learned to troubleshoot on Otis a ab b and Dover composite so this Westinghouse stuff just really gets me excited to learn about.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This type of relay logic is what I did most of my apprenticeship on. This company had a deal to use the Westinghouse running gear with our our cct design. We eliminated selectors about 40 years ago and went to a climbing cct to replace it but essentially the same operation, with both geared and gearless applications. By the time real high rise came here(50+ floors) the electronic lift(miprologic/401's) were here so this logic stopped however 60% of this is still in service. New mechanics these day's really have little idea about this old stuff to their detriment.



   
ReplyQuote
(@muggzy65)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I worked on these in Detroit for many years. They are the kind of equipment everyone should cut their teeth on. Cool stuff. I wish I would have taken more pics back in the day. Thanks for sharing



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top