Elevator Forum

Vintage R&O elevato...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Vintage R&O elevator car station

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,701 Views
(@dieselducy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8468]
Vintage R&O elevator car station

I believe this to be an older GAL.. correct me if I am wrong, I am also looking for a CALL station with these buttons.


   
Quote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
R+O stands for Rickety + Old?

We had O+W out here on in Los Angeles.

(Old + Wobbly!)



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
R&O was a company out of Minneapolis that was started in the 1920s. They manufactured a lot of their own elevators in house and in the later years purchased their elevators from who ever was cheapest(US,General,Canton,etc).

I was told R&O was short for Robbers and Outlaws! lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@dieselducy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
LOL 🙂 anyway I am looking for a call station of the same design. NOT necessarily from R and O. I just want an older GAL call station with that nifty "in use" light.



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
why dont you tell the owner the only acronym you need is UPGRADE!!!!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top