Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Surf's Up!!!

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,929 Views
(@vatordude)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#1934]
Surf's Up!!!

I was wondering if Otis was hiring. I really need to work on my tan.


   
Quote
(@vince90605)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i know who that is



   
ReplyQuote
(@Robert Krieger)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Vince,

The photo is the definition of insolence in action. How many unemployed mechanics would treat their customer, job, employer and coworkers with due respect? Hope this one is saving up for next September. The photo would be the poster child for a lock out.

Respectfully Submitted,

Robert L Krieger Jr.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I say good for him. The companies want to run us to our wits end with more and more units and less time and mechanics. The least they can do is let us haul a board around to relieve some stress at the end of the day. Surfs up brother.



   
ReplyQuote
(@vince90605)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
you guys are way too serious , it's not like the guy is stupid enough to do this on company time. You are assuming alot , I thought it was a funny pic.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ok, but on the other hand, I knew an Otis mechanic years ago, who was trying to come up with a water proof pager, so he could surf during work days. (That would have been grand theft).

When I started in 1987, laziness was at epidemic levels. The first mechanics I worked with were f'ng the dog. "8 hours work for 8 hours pay" was like a dirty word.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Wrench)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's funny I thought super's just had the time to surf.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wow...If you're lucky enough to be given a company vehicle, I treated it like MY vehicle. Would take it on vacations, weekend jaunts, as well as work. And would make the company pay for all the gas. Just figured it was part of the deal. Otherwise pay me mileage and dredge, and I'll buy my own truck with that..



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top