Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
07/05/2015 12:08 pm
Piston Grinding and groove in seal
Hi All,
Here are some photos of my piston that I am told has been ground down and has scarring. What do you see? Can you really tell? I don't know what I am looking at. Then there are also pics of the "groove" from my blown seal (lasted 6 months). I am trying to determine if there is something wrong with the piston like a bump or nick, or if (according to Otis) the groove is from the piston being misaligned in the re-pack and the provider is at fault. The groove is just over 1/2 inch wide.
Here are some photos of my piston that I am told has been ground down and has scarring. What do you see? Can you really tell? I don't know what I am looking at. Then there are also pics of the "groove" from my blown seal (lasted 6 months). I am trying to determine if there is something wrong with the piston like a bump or nick, or if (according to Otis) the groove is from the piston being misaligned in the re-pack and the provider is at fault. The groove is just over 1/2 inch wide.
07/05/2015 8:32 pm
You may want to try a Gorman brand packing, they tend to have more "give" and flex, not near as stiff as the Texacone.
Last edited by E311; 05/07/15 12:32 PM.