Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
16/02/2020 1:22 am
Old Otis badge.
My father in-law gave me some of his old elevator stuff and I found this in it. He said he was never able to find any info on it
But was thinking it was from 1930s. Ive asked around and did some research not finding much... any information would be awesome thanks
But was thinking it was from 1930s. Ive asked around and did some research not finding much... any information would be awesome thanks
27/02/2020 3:49 pm
It looks like a police badge, but made for elevator operators 😆
03/03/2020 11:12 pm
That's amazing looking. I'd say it almost looks like one of those "Years of service" badges/pins that companies used to give out. My grandfather got several from Grumman, which I've just recently learned how to denote the number of years each pin correlates to.
Maybe this is for 9 years of service, I'm not really sure but hopefully, someone knows because that is damn interesting!
Topic starter
12/03/2020 11:22 am
I found a few otis service badges online that have the mechanics employee number but, are far less detailed and newer looking. If it is from the 30s or older I guess it could be the 9th service mechanic for the Portland Oregon branch?
I also thought about the years of service pin but I feel like 9 is an odd milestone..
My father in law got it about 20 years ago and asked some retired guys from Portland about then and they had no clue..
Iβm still hopeful someone might know something but either way itβs one of the coolest pieces I have!
I also thought about the years of service pin but I feel like 9 is an odd milestone..
My father in law got it about 20 years ago and asked some retired guys from Portland about then and they had no clue..
Iβm still hopeful someone might know something but either way itβs one of the coolest pieces I have!
04/04/2020 11:06 pm
Wow that is cool as f*ck!!
Thanks for posting
Thanks for posting
Last edited by NickersLarge; 04/04/20 03:07 PM.
03/06/2020 8:28 am
Really cool. Thanks for sharing.