Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
15/06/2013 11:16 pm
Another Mystery controller
Anyone recognize this one? Here is the description:I believe the 80's. It's a passenger with 16 stops. Varible voltage through a Westinghouse generator field regulator and an IPC motor field regulator. It also has a Sysmac (tan processor in photo on right side of controller.) It also has a 302 geared Payne Machine at 300 FPM run with a Westinghouse 12.5 KW generator (made by Imperial). There's also a picture of a tag on the front of the one controller.
Thanks You Guys,
Jim
17/06/2013 12:20 am
This thing looks like someone's garage project. Are those just regular 4 Pole (KHAU PB) style relays or are they something special? What State is this located?
Last edited by Administrator; 06/16/13 04:22 PM.
17/06/2013 6:20 am
Let me get this right..
2nd picture.
2nd picture.
Board on the left is the ERL regulator, board in the middle unknown, board on the right with the big caps is the IPC MF unit.
I do not see the OMRON (Sysmac) Plc. I believe circle W made this unit in the late 70's or 80's and for the life of me I can't remember the name. I believe it was an ERL CT or something like that. A picture of the tags of the relays would be helpful. I swear I've got some literature of that beast somewhere around here. If I get time I'll take a look.
17/06/2013 10:57 pm
Looks like an ice cube relay nightmare.... At least those relays have neon lights. Definitely not circle bar W's World Class / Trash...
Topic starter
17/06/2013 11:35 pm
The paperwork would be great.
Thanks You Guys,
Jim
19/06/2013 9:45 am
The exact name, I can't remember right now, maybe ERL CT, it was Westinghouse's attemp to take there ERL controller and replace there problematic relays filled with match sticks holding contacts together and, use there tried regulator with a better relay replacement system "ice cubes" they figured they where losing to much time with guys soldering wires on the back of controllers for hours just to replace a relay that would fail if not properly maintained in a few months. The redeveloped the circuits to function at a lower voltage and amperage to be able to work with the ice cube relays. But they couldn't or didn't work towards redevopling those circuits to work on a higher scale for high rise applications witch was westinghouse's prime mod application. They figure the mechanics on those jobs would be performing more regular maint rather then a small 5 stop car in a remote location might have. For that reason It was a rare controller. Also in the late 70's early 80's because of the induction of solid state into controllers they moved away from relay logic. With the Schindler name the MICONIC was there next major development.