Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
14/01/2021 10:09 am
ello everyone,
Last year around this time I got my application through to local 1. I took and passed my test about a month later. Interviews were to be scheduled but were put on hold because of the whole pandemic. Just wondering so far if anyone has an update as to the status of the industry and how they’re going about the whole recruitment process. I spoke with the region coordinator who informed me that all applicants must apply again and those who get the application through and have passed the EIAT will not have to take the test again, just await interview dates. I appreciate any and all feedback. I’m just a young and ambitious kid trying to get his foot in the door of the trade. Thank you.
Last year around this time I got my application through to local 1. I took and passed my test about a month later. Interviews were to be scheduled but were put on hold because of the whole pandemic. Just wondering so far if anyone has an update as to the status of the industry and how they’re going about the whole recruitment process. I spoke with the region coordinator who informed me that all applicants must apply again and those who get the application through and have passed the EIAT will not have to take the test again, just await interview dates. I appreciate any and all feedback. I’m just a young and ambitious kid trying to get his foot in the door of the trade. Thank you.
09/04/2021 1:34 am
Im in the same boat. Waiting until they can safely gather. I have a feeling we wont see a recruitment until 2022.....sadly.
Topic starter
11/04/2021 12:10 am
Yeah they sent out that email a few weeks ago saying until we can congregate in big groups they can’t do anything. From what I’ve heard they’re extremely busy but they’re only hiring through helmets to hard hats. I spoke with someone who got interviewed and hired in the same week which is insane. I think if it gets bad enough and they’re swamped they’ll hold a recruitment utilizing social distancing, it’ll take a bit longer but it’ll get things going. Hope it works out for the both of us man 👌🏼🤟🏼
Last edited by Timh15; 04/10/21 04:11 PM.
11/04/2021 5:06 am
Well, i am glad that our veterans are given a good chance at a great job. Just wish we had a timeline on when the next recruitment will be. I passed my test and was slated to have an interview last April, then covid hit.
Topic starter
12/04/2021 12:17 am
It’ll happen soon enough. They disclaimed all this when you go to take the test saying that based on the economy their recruitments get postponed drastically. After the crash in 08’ they didn’t hire for 3 years cuz of the toll it took on the economy. I think if something doesn’t come through by summer than it’s most likely 2022 for the next recruitment. And who knows how fast they’ll hire off that list once it’s up. Just gotta be patient unfortunately, nothing else we can do. And to top it all off we have to apply again so who knows if we’ll even get our application through lmao.
17/04/2021 6:42 pm
We likely won't see anything until the end of the year. And like you said, lucky to get an app through. See what happens.
08/05/2021 8:20 am
Tentative date is December ....hopefully Covid #'s don't go up, would make more sense to have it during summer....
Topic starter
10/05/2021 10:44 am
Yeah I got the email. Was also hoping for summer. Would make more since being that their classes start in the fall. I think they’re worried about numbers spiking in the summer. Can’t say I blame them haha. I’m starting up with a non union company soon to get some experience under my belt for my interview. Good luck brother 🤟🏼🤟🏼
09/06/2026 5:27 pm
I got an application for LU1. I know my chances are basically zero but what have I got to loose besides 25$? Bless everyone.