Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Yosemite-SF

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,189 Views
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2748]
Please take it easy on the Southern boy coming to the West. My better half and I will be taking our first trip to Yosemite, the week before Memorial day. We will be staying in Mariposa and for the most part of the trip will be in Yosemite. Except for the Friday evening and the complete Saturday before the plane ride home on Sunday morning. She(my better half) has us staying in SF the Friday evening and complete Saturday before our trip back home Sunday morning. I am very comfortable with our Yosemite plans. It is our SF plans that WE have no clue about. Could some of my Elevator Brothers help us out as to what areas to see??? We both love nature. However, we do not want to miss the Golden Gate Bridge, the cable cars and any thing really related to SF.
SF is on my bucket list for California. Our next trip out west will be Yellowstone. So all suggestions for the SF area while we are traveling back to the airport for the flight home are welcome.



   
Quote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Whenever we go to SF we usually stay near the Ferry building. Our trip will usually include a wine tasting trip to Napa or Sonoma which are both very close to SF. There are many great restaurants and bars/clubs to try as well. The Ferry building has many local artisan vendors selling everything from cheeses to chocolates and wine. If your into that kind of thing it is a must stop. I think it really depends on what you guys like to do.



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would recommend the wine tasting tours. Most hotels/travel people can help you book it from the hotel. I always recommend a car drive over to Treasure Island! It's between SF and Oakland. If it's a clear day the view of the city is wonderful. The Palace of Fine Arts in the Marina is great too. And might I add Sausalito is great for lunch. As a native Californian and San Franciscan I do love the Bay Area! Enjoy!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
+1 on Sausalito and Treasure Island.!!!!

Haight Ashbury was a let down..(Yeah...I'm that old..LOL..)..
Alcatraz is worth seeing as well as Fishermans Wharf for your standard tourist fare...

Call me wierd but I enjoyed the little cruise between Oakland and Modesto and the mile after mile of windmill farm...

Been in the area about 10 times, and that's the little I got to see. Usually they are taking me from the plane straight to the machine room..LOL..



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Some suggestions!
Alcatraz island, you may need to book it weeks in advance...
The crookedest street
The ghirardelli chocolate factory est 1849

And lst but not least try their sour dough bread it's all about the water!

Have a geat time bring back lots of pictures



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
if you have a car take hwy 1 up the coast towards point reyes and bodega bay. on the way there is an awesome zip line course in the redwoods. http://www.sonomacanopytours.com/
after that your in sonoma county so hit some wineries. dinner in healdsburg and back across the golden gate into the city.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top