Elevator Forum

the crazy riding pu...
 
Notifications
Clear all

the crazy riding public

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,339 Views
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#1094]
thought i would start a thread for those stories we all have of peoples actions and comments about riding elevators.

i had an overtime call at a parking garage to a hospital. the overspeed was tripped in the up direction the people were between floors(aka jumpers). i could hear the people yelling at each other between floors and they had asked for the hospital manager to be there when they got out. i ran the car to the next floor and they proceeded to yell at the manager because they missed their doctors appt. and wanted him to pay them for pain and suffering due to the stressful situation of being trapped for "hours". the manager said they could come back tomorrow and discuss the camera footage if they wanted. the people ran and i do mean ran away. come to find out the family, man, woman, and 2 children all started jumping as the car left the floor. car stopped and the people took 2.5 hours to find the emergency phone and bell. after they did it only took me 30min to get them out. lesson learned was that sometimes when people say hours they mean it.



   
Quote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had a trapped passenger once that said she was stuck. I happened to be about an hour away. Once I arrived I realized she was stuck in the freight elevator at the lobby floor. I called through the door to press the "door-open" button and it opened. She wasn't stuck at all, car was on security and wouldn't take a car call without a security card! She was in there for almost 2 hours!



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I had 2 guys yesterday start jumping in a service car while they were delivering a refrigerator until os tripped then they climbed on top of the new refrigerator to see if he could get more air close to the fan because he was claustrophobic. In the same building a couple weeks ago a older guy in a suit walks into a car checks to see if the emergency phone is there, gets off the car then gets back on a few mins later and starts jumping till he is stuck. All caught on camera, I never would have believed it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Robert Krieger)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Would it be great if the building owner charged the person for the trouble call, and additionally pressed criminal charges under section 7300 for having made an unsafe condition and possibly endangering public safety? I am confident this one incident has more than paid for the costs of all the cameras in all the elevators in that building.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Matthew)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It hasnt happened yet? You've got many clients who took legal action. Can't deny video proof.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top