Elevator Forum

Water in the tank a...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Water in the tank and piston

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,851 Views
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#31785]
Just wondering what you all do when water gets in the tank. The elevator relevels so water is then pumped into the piston. We had a job flood and water got in the tank. This is a (dual teloscopic piston) I bottom out the piston so the check valve will open inside the piston. I pumped out the tank, took the VIC off in the pit drained the pistons, tank and lines and the 2nd time opened up the bleeders on the piston so the air could alow the oil out. I pumped in new oil and after running the elevator up and down the oil went to that milky color of water/oil mix. I am just wondering if you guys hav any recommendations on a better way to do this and what i did wrong? I eneded up doing this 3 times. The first time i was told the elevator was off before the flood (it wasent), the 2nd i didnt open the bleeder valves on the pistons so the oil couldnt get out the pistons (take a water bottle stick a hole in the top and flip it over, water stays in the bottle created by a vaccum). 3rd time i pulled the pipe off in the pit, opened the bleeders and pulled alot more oil then any other time and stil was a little white/cloudy. Anyone have a more efficent way to do this? Or know if i did anything wrong?

I was thinking about this and figured if I bottomed out the pistons REMOVED the bleeders and hooked up an air compressor I would be able to push the water/oil out the pistons and into the tank (with manual lowering open) and then I could just pump out the tank like normal.



   
Quote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have a heating element and a air bubbler that we stick in the tank for a week or so after the oil change and leave the lid off a little bit. Works great.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Wispaflex215)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Where can you buy the heating element and bubbler?



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I thought about that to as water will evap quickly in a warm tank.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Norcan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Bubbler and heat element worked for me as well in the past. Bubbler I got at an aquarium store and the heating element from a farm supply store (farmers use to melt ice in water troughs). 😆 sounds like a life hack but it does work! Leave it for a few weeks in the tank or longer depending on how much water is in system



   
ReplyQuote
 Rev1
(@Rev1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Aeration works great even without a heater. Cheap fish tank pump, leave the cover open and leave a fan in the room and you will be water free in a few weeks.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top