Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Thyssen IMS Program

18 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
44.5 K Views
(@selfproclaimed)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#839]
Hey guys... I'm new to this forum and think the discussions are great. I hope I can also contribute.

Does anyone have a listing of commands for the IMS program to help in troubleshooting problems or some kind of manual explaining the program? Any help would be appreciated.



   
Quote
(@torontotim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
RFL= reset fault log
Flt= fault history
Fltn= last five faults with time stamp and position and velocity
scc= register car call

are just a few basics



   
ReplyQuote
(@selfproclaimed)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks Tim... Much appreciated. I got my hands on a IMS help program and guides the user through many diagnostic commands.

My question got many views but only 1 answer which leads me to believe this info is not really out there.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
One tip I can give you is that as you discover the numerous cool widget programs that make up IMS, is to use the I/O view utility. This lets you look at all your PMI card modules at a time. Be careful however because the I/O view allows you to customize the logic state of how the modules switch from active to non active as viewed from the screen. I prefer to use the " metered logic " option. If you are not careful, you can set this up in a way that will not match what you would read with a meter. I have seen plenty of people confused by this especially when for example, checking the state of door limits.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
selfp...
which piece of equipment are you working with? T series, Tac series? And is there a specific problem you're encountering?

Last edited by elmcannic; 12/29/10 03:56 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@selfproclaimed)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
General troubleshooting on TIV and Tach-50.Just ordinary problems. Knowing how the program works and commands in the remote screen just makes things easier. Thanks for the help.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
...how the program works. Good one. Have you plugged into a simplex Tac 50 yet? Single car whether Tac 50 or 20 is the best way to get aquainted with IMS. What have you experienced so far? Tell what your screen is prompting you to do. I'm looking for a starting place to help.



   
ReplyQuote
(@selfproclaimed)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
no problems now that I found out FLT in the remote screen will bring out more than the 5 faults displayed in motion screen. Brake switch failing at times and when car was reset I couldn't see it. Every once in a while I get a 56 fault... The next problem to keep an eye on.

Last edited by selfproclaimed; 12/30/10 01:35 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does the ims software interface with all T series Dover cars? TII TII,etc I've never used the software but I was under the assumption it was only for the TAC series.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Drive Enable faults (flt56). Look in the DE line on the prints (I hope you've got them!), near the brake circuit. I believe if you get hit three times in an hour or so, it'll shut it down with a manual reset in order. Outside of that it's an auto reset.



   
ReplyQuote
(@mbskin)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No,you must use hyperterm.



   
ReplyQuote
(@selfproclaimed)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Got a full set of job specific prints... Next time it comes in I'm going to change out the DE module and trace out the string for other possibilities. It requires a manual reset if it occurs 3 times in a 2 hour period

Last edited by selfproclaimed; 12/30/10 11:47 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@justMe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The IMS software will not work with Dover TII, but it will work with TIII and TIV and as you already know, with all of the TAC units.
For TII use Hyperterminal and always set the Caps Lock to on. The TII only recognizes capitol letters.



   
ReplyQuote
 Neno
(@Neno)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello from Croatia!
If someone have THYSSEN IMS software and connection diagram cable,please send me into my email [email protected]

Thanks!



   
ReplyQuote
 hmbx
(@hmbx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We can sell IMS software with unlimited license to you, for more information please contact me, [email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top