Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

tac32 mod

23 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
28.3 K Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It’s time to put a meter on it. Put your meter on manual ranging, (60v range) so you can catch faster fluctuations. I’m not sure if you said how long they go off for, or if they’re simultaneous. If it’s really fast, you can set the meter to Min. If you haven’t used Min/Max before, it will display the lowest value it has read and will beep each time it hits a new low. Very handy, I’ve even used it when I was by myself and needed to see if a card reader was closing a contact in the machine room. Land one wire to 24vdc, clip the leads from ground to the other wire, reads 0v, set to Max, go swipe the card and come back to see if the meter has seen 24v.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Whadafack)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks guys . Ill disconnect the operators to see if it faults out. Ill set up my meter on those io’s to see what kind of voltages i get and see if theres a drop. I havent ohmed the inspection switch or the station. Also i had my laptop connected to the cwil..... i removed it and connected at the controller. Ill let you know if theres any faults



   
ReplyQuote
 TC7
(@TC7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Let us know what you find



   
ReplyQuote
(@Whadafack)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well i buttoned up the car station and made sure all connections were tight. Went over the inspection station. Seems it was my laptop...... never happened again since i moved it to the controlller.(before i buttoned everything up) Some kind of interference with the laptop im guessing. Weird



   
ReplyQuote
 TC7
(@TC7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I rarely plug in laptop to CWIL. My experience was IMS would freeze or quit communicating. I’m surprised it caused faults, I was thinking it used a different shielded pair than car can channel.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
IMS through the CWIL is terrible but I can’t imagine it causing individual IOs to drop.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Very strange. I also avoid plugging in at the CWIL card for various other reasons, but will chalk this one up as another. One thing to consider/remember, if this was truly a CAN issue, you should have also lost your selector. Would have been a boatload of other faults generated.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Whadafack)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
yup! turned car over to the customer on 4/23.... hasnt shutdown! no more cwil connections for me. Fack that !



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top