Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
26/07/2013 2:17 am
I replaced a tac20 door board. Ordered it from vertx. How do I get it set up? I have an IMS. Right now it just jerks really hard. The Manuel open/close does not work. The paper work arid something about up loading software? Any advice would help?
Topic starter
26/07/2013 8:40 pm
the label on the board reads: Warning- This board has factory test software. Please verify and upload all necessary software and configuration.
How do I do this with the IMS device?
27/07/2013 7:11 am
Whats the part # of the board? Some boards need a special programmer. I had to buy one from World Electronics for a Tac 50 car I had.
Topic starter
27/07/2013 9:12 am
assebly #6300 PA6
Topic starter
27/07/2013 9:17 am
I talked to world the other day. They told me they couldnt do anything with a TAC??
27/07/2013 10:31 am
The board I was thinking of was the 6300GE which takes a special programmer. This board is used with some of the older TACs but is stand alone and not programmable using IMS.
Here's the link to the programmer I had to buy:
http://www.world-electronics.com/freedomware-6300ge-software-module-7502-9023.html
You may want to ask World if this programmer will work for the 6300PA6 also.
Good Luck!
27/07/2013 12:40 pm
I have never heard of this. I have always programmed tac 20's from the control room. We have like 12 of them, and have never had a problem. I must be lucky! Good info tho thanks.
27/07/2013 1:14 pm
Your Right, this is not the usual. I have a lot of tac 20s and all of them can be programmed through IMS from the machine room. Then one day we picked up a couple of tac 50s with these 6300GE Stand alone door boards. I was thinking they may have put in some kind of stand alone board in his job also. I'm not familiar with the 6300PA6 board but World Electronics does sell a 6300PA replacement board so they must know how its programmed.
27/07/2013 1:21 pm
Hey Local, are you not able to communicate with the door operator board at all using your IMS or are you able to communicate with the board but just not sure how to set it up?
Topic starter
27/07/2013 9:04 pm
The IMS can communicate. Going through the set up procedure it has you check the limit functions by using the manual open and close buttons. But the buttons do nothing. THe warning label on the board as I mentioned early has be thrown. It says there is test software uploaded on the board and to be sure to load the necessary software. This is where I have searched every setting on the IMS and can't figure it out. With the board hooked up and power on the door will jerk open very hard about 4 inches and may do that a few times or then it may jerk close or alternate. This is all I can get the doors to do. After 10 secons or so of the jerking the door shuts down. Which it brings me back to the TEST software?? It sounds like other guys have been able to plug a new board in and they were good to go. This is the first TAC20 door board installation for me.
Topic starter
27/07/2013 9:06 pm
This also has a rear door. so just to try it, I hooked the rear board up to the front. IT worked exept open was close and close was open. I can only assume this is because the boards are opposite hands. How do you change the hand setting with IMS?
Topic starter
27/07/2013 9:07 pm
I am not very good with the IMS program. We just haven't had a lot of TAC units.
Topic starter
27/07/2013 9:08 pm
the PA6 took the place of the PA3 so i was told by the supplier TKE
27/07/2013 9:16 pm
I may be wrong, but I think you change the hand of the door by putting jumpers on in the corner of the board by where the open and close buttons are.
27/07/2013 9:16 pm
Once jumpers are on you must reset the door board for the change to take effect.
Page 1 / 2
Next