Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Soft start

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
14.4 K Views
(@Greg1234)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#21113]
Anyone ever put a seimens soft start on an elevator controls controller? If so is there a print out there that shows which wires to use for the signals from the existing controller to the soft start and/or any wiring changes or eliminations, thx in advance, be safe.



   
Quote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Go to their website or call them, I believe they will help you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think this should work. Keep in mind it isn't tested. If you don't want the starter to drop out when safe opens, pull control power from 4a instead of 4. You could also use a KUP relay for up to speed but a lot of OEMs do it like this.

Let me know how it goes so I can edit the print for future reference.

EC Softstart Wiring



   
ReplyQuote
(@Greg1234)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Your print is awesome, I will let you know the results, thx brother!5



   
ReplyQuote
(@Greg1234)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
4 and 3 , hot and neutral are 110vdc, the starter needs AC. Not knowing my meter was on DC I read 110 across 4 and 3 and hooked it up,lol.Smoked the coil on my fault relay.Been awhile since I made a stupid mistake like that.I let the quoted time restraint rush me,lol.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Oh bummer, I see that now. There is 120 vac in the controller but you will have to add a 110 vdc "RUN" relay to switch the RUN input. Sorry about that.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top