Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

OTIS MRQ SPEC 60

19 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
27.5 K Views
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#9385]
I am looking for the I/O list for Otis MRQ Spec 60. Security car reader input for the 7th floor is one of the ones I am having trouble with and would like to check but I don't know the input #. Any help would be great.
Thanks



   
Quote
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have checked the security input for the 7th floor and it is fine. The problem I am having is the car will run to all other floors but the 7th landing. Total 8 landings in building. The 7th floor call buttons only light when it is pressed and will not latch. The 7th call pc boards have been checked and O/K (dual cop's). I can send the car to the 7th floor with the service tool.
Any help would be great.
Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Poons does this type of lift have button modules that are specifically id'd for a certain level so you need to replace them with a specific part or are they universal going into a car module which is then decoded to tell what level has been pressed. The reason I ask this is if they are universal then swap the module with another level(not 7) and test it. If it works at another level, but with the module you just swapped it still doesn't then the car module is faulty. You can even do this if the are only programed for a certain level(fixed hexadecimal addressed button module wired in a serial data loop). Swap it out as I said and if it then does latch for the 7 button then the wiring to the car module either internal or external is faulty.

Last edited by uppo72; 01/04/14 03:11 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The button modules are universal going into a car module which is then decoded to tell what level has been pressed which we swapped to another level and it didn't work, we also changed the car module that each floor goes into didn't help. I am going to see on Monday if the floor will work on phase 2 to confirm if it is on security and maybe the I/o is misaddressed for the 7th landing. I will also recheck the car module wiring.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Poons I would say if you have proved that a) an individual button assembly works in another position or another works(or the fault stays the same) in the same position as the faulty button then that is ok and b) that you have proved that the car module is ok by replacing it then its most likely that the main controller interface is where the problem lies. This is probably either a software issue(for some reason has turned of the level or even put a secured link on it) or that a hardware issue has happened( such as a opto coupler or the like). Either way I would get another board to at least prove this.



   
ReplyQuote
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Are you referring to the ring car board



   
ReplyQuote
(@sinister1ca)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you clear your PF ram, A similar thing happens to some of our MRQ's. Never just one floor though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
We will clear the PF Ram tomorrow, no faults on OCSS and the RCB was just repaired by unitec. When the 7th floor car call is pressed we can see the 7th floor I/o for the light and button go high and low on the service tool. We picked this unit up from a competitor and half of the I/o's on the I/o sheet were changed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
poons since you see the input change it suggests the hardware is ok but isn't latching. It may be a security setting.



   
ReplyQuote
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It will go to the 7th landing on phase 2. We can see the I/o change for the 7th landing on the service tool when the 7th car call is pushed. All card reader inputs CRI are all 0.



   
ReplyQuote
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
We cleared the ram and works fine now.
Thanks for the help.



   
ReplyQuote
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Another problem showed up today, on automatic when the elevator goes to the lowest landing the doors stay opened until a car call is entered. Works fine on all other floors. If a car call is pushed once the doors are opened they will close and the car will go to the floor. If the doors stay opened for a longer time and a car call is pushed the doors will close and the nudging buzzer will sound. Nothing in the door detector. Hope this makes sense.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would check the homing function to see if there is a door sub section included but the system sounds a little flighty.



   
ReplyQuote
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The elevator doesn't go to the lowest landing automatically and park. When it is called/sent to the lowest landing the doors remain open until a car call is placed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
door open limit, o6 on a QL, problem due to the first floor HW door? i.e heavy door or worn relating? does it ever go into DTO mode?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top