Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
16/04/2014 8:17 am
Hi guys, quick question. I'm trying to "talk" to an Otis 401 controller using a RS232-to-USB cable and the TigerTerm terminal emulator program. I think that I've got a connection established, but I don't know the initial ANSI/ASCII command(s) to actually get a response from the controller. Has anyone tried this approach before? If so, do you know the commands to use?
Thanks!
16/04/2014 11:53 am
Talking to a 401 won't work...
It's called the Elevonic Tickle. Only the right Tickle will warm up the OMT.
Pretty sure only Otis guys will get this.
16/04/2014 8:09 pm
Lol, its been awhile since Ive had the warm tickle 🙂 GreenPants is correct.
16/04/2014 9:13 pm
Without looking at the old commands I have in notes somewhere, do remember you must have a db9 or db25 pin null modem connected to serial cable. There are several types of null modems that will not work but radio shack null modems always worked.
Topic starter
16/04/2014 11:00 pm
Thanks guys for the info.
Rolly, I was trying to use a direct connection from the controller to my laptop. I did not have a modem in between the controller and the laptop. Are you saying tha I'll need a cable from the controller to a modem, and a cable from the modem to the laptop?
17/04/2014 12:10 pm
you can get just a null modem cable, or you can use the rs232 cable you have and purchase the null modem adapter as rolly noted. null modem is not an actual modem, it is just an adapter that reconfigures the wiring of the cable so it can communicate to a device.
there is a program out there that runs on a laptop, that will communicate with the 401, i have used it a few times, and it worked fairly well. I liked it better then the OMT.
there is a program out there that runs on a laptop, that will communicate with the 401, i have used it a few times, and it worked fairly well. I liked it better then the OMT.
02/01/2016 7:23 pm
Hello
Does anyone know where I can get the program to Elevonic 401?
21/03/2024 11:47 pm
Has anyone found an emulator for this?
17/03/2025 4:49 am
Did anyone find a way or the software that works on this 401?