Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Maida technologies

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,983 Views
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#13309]
I just inherited six MCLVV2 Maida elevator controllers with IPC Automation BI-Directional Field Regulator.One of the cars keeps getting people stuck not locks or gate.Had 500K on gen blew out now have 2meg.Building does a one arm bandit before I can get there so everything fine when on site. So I sat on it an seen regulator say OUT OF REG an car stop high at floor an not open doors. Checked tach coupling all control wire sockets terminals an relay connections. Does anyone have any knowledge of this type equipment would be of great help. I think this is a Virgina control early solid state with gen.



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have never worked on a Maida,but something you may want to look at on the Virginia Controller. They have a Relay on the back of the controller that has contacts to strengthen or weaken the Motor Field. Have had numerous problems with the contact becoming badly burned due to the high current in the circuit. This causes the Elevator to not slow down properly and blow through the floor. It looks like a Compounding problem, but all you have to do is clean the contact. You can put a meter on the Motor field and compare it to another car to see if there is a difference. Good Luck.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ketchnu)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
chris maida works at virginia controls. he or they may still provide support



   
ReplyQuote
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you I will call in morning.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top