Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 21 Death

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,482 Views
(@Postal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8860]
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Elevator-Maintence-Man-Falls-to-His-Death-230369511.html

Young in his career fella, they found him in the pit

Prayers to his family



   
Quote
(@SEC Reject)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
My sympathies to his family.

Any idea who he worked for?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Postal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yup TKE

I once worked him as a apprentice very humble fella



   
ReplyQuote
(@traction)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Very sad. We will pray for his family.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
our prayers for his family



   
ReplyQuote
(@tminus321)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know I have gotten comfortable working on elevators. I've never witnesses something catastrophic malfunction. Ie. Counterwieghts already out of rail..I look for "freakish" things that "Might" go wrong.. We love u and miss u Richard.



   
ReplyQuote
(@tminus321)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
"We" should look for "freakish" things that "might" go wrong.. It couldn't have happened to a more safety oriented man than Richard. Its really hard to grasp. "Why"? How? Richard! talk to me? Only he knows what really happened. Sometimes I hate this trade..



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We had a safety stand down last week due to this this. It was a Friday afternoon. Richard was going stop by check this out then go home. Reported the elevator was making noise. Machine room and machine was in the basement. He ran the car up and stuck his head out in the hoist way and then got struck by the counterweight frame that was out of the rails.

His sister was having a wedding the next day. All of his family was in town and staying at his house.

He did not check out at the end of the day. Supervisor could not get a hold of him. A repair crew was working in the area was asked to go check on him and they are the ones who found him.

From the pictures we were shown the equipment was relay logic Otis.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top