Elevator Forum

Kone Resolve 179 fa...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Kone Resolve 179 fault

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,712 Views
(@Capt Ron)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39762]
Well I have a Kone Resolve which gives me random 179 (unintended movement) faults. Ive verified the car is not moving. It will give me this fault if I leave it on inspection with the doors closed and I put a straight edge across the sheave and it has not moved. I’ve swapped out the machine encoder and the car top encoder from a good running car and verified the coupling is in good shape and the issue continues on the problem car. I have swapped the adon board with a spare I was told “is good”, still having the same issues. I read in the fault book I might have to “zero” the NTS board if the D169/d171 led flicker. I don’t think I have a NTS board. Any suggestions would be appreciated, and could be repaid with a night of Bowfishing if y’all make it to south Louisiana. Tight lines and calm seas my friends.



   
Quote
(@Capt Ron)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I looked through the parameter book and found 5-40-1 is a "set zero speed" parameter. I returned the car to service and will see how it goes. I am still looking for some direction.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Brake module possibly?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Capt Ron)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
lowoil, i did read in the fault book that this could happen if there is not 230v present on a plug going to the adon board. i dont remember off hand which plug it is but when ever i checked it there was voltage present. Perhaps at the time of the fault there was not causing the fault........ i do not have a spare brake module. do you know of anything i could check for to determine if the module is failing? thanks pal



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just had one in a failed constant state and replaced the module. This was 2013 i think,lol.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Capt Ron)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Lowoil was the brake picking when you had that failed board? Is there anything else you would recommend looking into?



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think pick then drop right away



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would go over the Brakes and make sure you can spin the washer behind the spring by hand.The car only has to move a tiny bit before it throws an unintended fault. The Brake Pads should also be looked at carefully.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top