Elevator Forum

Fault 0169 ( KCM 83...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Fault 0169 ( KCM 831 )

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
31.6 K Views
(@frankyboy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#9899]
Got this fault that keep coming back 0169 , I check the voltage coming from the batterie , I have 13volts , I reset it but it the fault come back again ? any suggestion ?
Thx



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
the battery should be connected to the ccbn board at XB32. The LCE runs a battery test every 24 hours. You should have a battery ok light on the car top ccbn board. you could have a bad connection if the battery is charged.



   
ReplyQuote
(@frankyboy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I notice the battery light is Not on ? I check the connection all good , I'm suspecting the board ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
change the battery anyway.....even if it tests ok.



   
ReplyQuote
(@frankyboy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok I install a new batterie and everything is back to normal , I dont understand the old batterie is still giving me 13.5volts ?Anyway thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Had the same thing on many occasions, thats why my previous post said to change it anyway.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dmhughes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi,
Did you check to see if board is charging the battery?



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
when you test voltage and suspect a problem, it is a good practice to use an analog type meter such as a simpson. they will put a load on the voltage and give you a truer reading. a digital meter will often give you a false voltage. they are a wonderful tool, but not fool proof. when testing a higher voltage such as 120 volts or higher, a wiggington or wiggy is the truest test.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Aus_Bob)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes 0169 fault the car top connection board does a load test on the battery , so even if the battery reads ok by a meter it could still fail , there is also a small resistor pot at the top of the board if you adjust this you increase the charging voltage to the battery , in sydney we find these pots are set to low .



   
ReplyQuote
(@koneisland)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: frankyboy
Got this fault that keep coming back 0169 , I check the voltage coming from the batterie , I have 13volts , I reset it but it the fault come back again ? any suggestion ?
Thx

If your lift was still operational while flagging up a 0169 fault then you better check all the relevent parameters as they must be on the wrong settings. 0169 fault should kill landing calls to prevent passengers entering a lift car which has a bad back-up battery.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top