Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

ETS/NTS upgrade

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,470 Views
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#5115]
Im gonna try to get one of my building to upgrade the ETS/NTS systen. Its swift futura, right now they are using the original Westinghouse music box on the car top. The problem I have is that when the SD's and SU's make and break its not a conistant FPM and When the FPM is higher then set TSV value then the car will go out of service. I think if I can get them to upgrade to magnetic switch set up it will cut down on the amount of shutdowns. I've seen Motion Control (ls quick?) system used and works really well. I was wondering would anyone have any suggestions of another company that makes a tape/mag/reed switch set up to give the building more opitions?



   
Quote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Contact Swift for the best options. Who else better to do an add-on besides the manufacturer. Sticking another NTS system on there could release Swift of all future liability.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also..you might want to check the modulues are turning off fast enough.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You may also want to check that the car is not drifting in the rails too much. This would cause terminal issues.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I tell what you could look into. MCE uses essentially a copy of a product used on late Schindler Haughton known as a K-limit box. It is an optional piece of equipment you can buy from them. It is a limit box with about 16 bistable switches in the unit that are switched on and off as you pass stationary magnets that mount off of the rails. They are easy to install, reliable and since you already have all the wiring in your existing music box, very easy to retrofit. You would get rid of the stationary TM cams and mount magnets at your slow down locations. There is nothing more annoying than problems due to unreliable terminal slow downs.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Mce tls box.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
E311.....I was finally able to get on the car-top, abestos related issues keeping me from accessing it. And there was alot of slop in the guides and I also steadied the cab. Still having intermittent shutdowns but my FPM on the switches got a little more consistant. I also went to +35 on the TSV values,{adjusters book says go +25).

Building would not go for Open Order upgrade. I got moved off this route to one that needed to more TLC. So I guess not my problem anymore.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Even though you didn't get to see this one all the way through it was still a good learning experience 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top