Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
10/07/2014 8:00 am
hey there. ive been having issues with a 6 stop dover mp1. it seems that only in the down direction the car will drop the "R" contactor momentarily just above or around the 6th landing on multi floor runs, will "lose" itself when sent to the 6th landing and works fine on single floor runs to that landing. ive changed the floor magnet, LS1, WP, WR, WM, IFA and the 2F cards. it does not happen in the up direction or on any other floors. I have been getting no elevation faults on the wm card. Any thoughts? thanks in advance.
Topic starter
11/07/2014 7:47 am
update. had it run fine for 4 hours yesterday after changing LS1 card. then crapped out again with the exact same issue. changed the 5vdc power cube and LS card. found that its acting up about 3 feet above the 6th floor. tomorrow I will change out the WS card. its honestly my last resort.
11/07/2014 8:09 am
you may have a travel cord issue. If it happens at the same spot in the hoist way.
11/07/2014 9:46 am
Is there another name for an MP1?
11/07/2014 11:59 am
Originally Posted By: john jay
you may have a travel cord issue. If it happens at the same spot in the hoist way.
When ever I find I might have a trailer cable faulting I find it easy to just put a clip lead on a spare to test it instead of actually changing the cable then finding out it isn't the fault.
Topic starter
11/07/2014 1:09 pm
Elevated not really . the U.S.A had the 2000IC and the TC2000. MP1 was a dover Canada creation. early 80's to early 90's. I was thinking traveler cable a few days ago. the mp1 runs its position off the governor encoder with not many signals from the car. but now that I think of it the leveling stick could lose its 24vdc with a broken wire.
Topic starter
12/07/2014 8:22 am
Figured it out. "Ds" traveler wire was dropping it's signal. Swapped with a spare and it's working great. Thanks for the help guys. Its funny how at we always leave the trailing cable till everything else has been looked at. I must replaced every card except the main cpu. Thanks again.