Becoming a disappearing breed. One of my best friends, who was a composite ace, just recently passed away. Guys that know that equipment are getting fewer and fewer every day..
Cheers!!!
I have the composite adjusters manual on pdf if anyone wants it. Just email me and I will try to get it to you. no guarentees but I will try.
Pull out IBM relay.
Hold relay up to a light and look through the contacts.
You should see daylight through N/O contacts.
Pick relay by hand.
Now you should see daylight through N/C contacts
If Not...Bad contact.
Now when I was young and worked for an independent company, we didn't buy a relay and replace it. My boss would give me pill bottle with 500 needle contacts and I would replace contacts by hand. Pretty easy actually on the 4 pole relays. The 12 pole (Like CS) were a bit more challenging....Needle contacts could be purchased for 10 cents a piece.
Yep...Those are indeed very cool. 😎