Elevator Forum

Access key for a Mo...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Access key for a Montgomery elevator

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
10.4 K Views
(@CBass)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#12687]
Hi guys,

There is that Montgomery freight elevator that I work on, unfortunately the access key was lost long ago. I don't think the fixture is Montgomery though. The key is a Yale Y1 blank but I don't know the bitting. Can anyone point me in the right direction? maybe a Montgomery key number? or tell me if it's from a different manufacturer?

Thanks, Seb

*(image not available in this archive)*
*(image not available in this archive)*
*(image not available in this archive)*



   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Seb,
The fixture looks



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
OOPS
The fixture looks OEM, and the key numbers are like 0,1,2,3 but I can't remember which is access. Incidentally, these old keys are available on FleaBay.



   
ReplyQuote
(@CBass)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hi elmcannic,

Thanks for your help,

As far as I know there is two series of Montgomery keys, the A series and newer MK series, both of which are double cut keys. Is there another one I don't know about? This fixture on the pictures is a single cut cylinder and a Yale key fits perfectly in it. Do you have any other ideas?

The elevator is from the 90s.



   
ReplyQuote
(@CBass)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
After further research it looks like it could also be an Armor fixture as Montgomery bought Armor and continued using their fixtures for a while. I found four Yale keys used by Armor (Yale 3500, 3501, 3502, 14398). Any thoughts on that?

S



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It's Montgomery. Think key is either a GA or GB with a different cut then the other guys
Attachments
MECO Key Switch.jpg (247.5 KB, 27 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@CBass)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the drawings, that's very helpful. Now I need to track down a key, anyone has a key number or more information?
The only GA key I have is an Otis key.

Thanks.

Last edited by CBass; 11/12/14 01:30 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@CBass)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hi,

Thanks to your drawing I've made progress. The Kone part number for the switch assy is KM969265G01. It comes with a key labeled "A67327". Now I have to find that key... Any ideas?

Attachments
KM969265G01.jpg (61.28 KB, 18 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm pretty sure that little hole in the front is the small allen key grub screw that removes the barrel to the lock. Why don't you just change the barrel to another key you have?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top